mains water boost

This forum covers all aspects of plumbing. Look in here for help, advice and info.

mains water boost

Postby mike507 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:03 pm

hi, we have a 4 storey house. There are two flats on upper floors and the water pressure is not adequate. I am fitting a booster pump and tank to the mains on the ground floor. The tank i bought is an ordinary loft tank with lid and is 150l.Was thinking of sealing it but as the water will feed drinking water as well as the rest do i need a potable tank instead? not sure about regs. Think they call it a breaker tank but I don't want one of those ones with integrated pump as I have already bought a pump.
thanks,
MIKE
mike507

Re: mains water boost

Postby amprore on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:06 am

I think you already know what are the things you need to do. You can ask tank dealers what type of tank is the best for your idea.
Last edited by amprore on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
amprore

Postby jennfierhoops on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:30 am

I think this is the problem of water supply and water pump. Have you asked from a best plumber?
We provides protection against low water flow, lead leaching, corrosion and pipe leaks.
jennfierhoops

Postby krafa on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Yes, it is that model, it is place relatively low, and yes again you are correct that the electrical part of it is place under the wash basin. The control unit, pump and dial are placed in the shower cubicle, but relatively low.

In terms of the misquote that you mentioned of the water company. This implies than that because both the power shower and the WC etc all feed of the same pipe of the water tank, I cannot that easily cap it off and feed it from the mains, since my power shower would then feed of the mains as well. You can visit Plummer for more info.
krafa

Postby johnmaddy4321 on Tue May 08, 2012 7:47 am

This is the common problem for everyone in the home i have also these problem in my home but i called a professional plumber for the best service and attached aboost pump now its working good.
johnmaddy4321

Return to Plumbing